Associate Professor @ Dept. of Economics & Statistics “Cognetti de Martiis”, University of Turin, Turin (IT)
Founder and Director of CLOSER – Center for LabOratory Simulations and Experimental Research (Univ. of Turin).
- Visiting research scholar @ Duke University, Durham NC USA (SSRI-DUPRI-ECON) – Jan-June 2018
- Visiting research scholar @ Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona ES – Sept. 2017
- PhD Economic Theory and Institutions – University of Rome “Tor Vergata” – Sept. 2011.
- Visiting Research Student – The Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF) – 2009-2011
- MSc Development Economics & Int. Cooperation – University of Rome “Tor Vergata” – 2007-2008.
- MA International Relations and Diplomacy – University of Naples “Federico II” – 2005-2007.
- BA Political Science – University of Naples “Federico II” – 2002-2005.
I’m Associate Professor of Economics at the Dept. of Economics & Statistics “Cognetti de Martiis” of the Univ. of Turin, and research affiliate at Collegio Carlo Alberto. I studied Political Science at Bachelor’s and Master’s level at the Univ. Federico II in Naples, the lovely city where I grew up and where I’ve learnt how to survive most other places of the world.
Then I received the MSc in Development Economics and the PhD in Economic Theory & Institutions at the Univ. of Rome “Tor Vergata”.
Although I was trained as an economist my research topics are at the intersection between different social sciences.
They include social preferences (e.g. trust, altruism, cooperation), subjective well-being, happiness and development (e.g. microfinance, civil war and natural disasters).
I use experimental- and applied-economics methods such as fieldworks, lab-experiments, policy evaluation tools and analysis of survey data.
I founded and currently lead CLOSER (Center for LabOratory Simulations and Experimental Research) with the aim of bringing together psychologists, sociologists and economists for a broader understanding of human behavior.
I love riding my mountain and road bikes, swimming, traveling, listening to music and playing it with my indie-rock band.
Are you a UniTo or PoliTo student?
Participate to our experiments @ CLOSER!
- The consequences of love
- This must be the place
- 21 grams
- Back to the future
- Per la stessa ragione del viaggio. Viaggiare (De Andrè)
- There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it’s all dark (Pink Floyd)
- And the things that keep us apart keep me alive, and the things that keep me alive keep me alone (Fink)
Prog-Rock, Post-Rock, Post-Punk, Indie-Rock, Intelligent Electronic.